I forget about this in the wintertime. And then the first warm day, when I'm seized with the
impulse to open the doors and cook summer food, it's one of the first things I make.
I serve it on a bed of greens with a good loaf of bread.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- white wine or champagne vinegar
- fresh basil and fresh parsley
- grape or good cherry tomatoes
- pitted kalamata olives
Rub 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a bit of olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes, until cooked through. Allow to cool completely.
- 3-4 T olive oil, best you've got
- 2-3 T white wine or champagne vinegar (I like the Colavita label)
- 1-2 shallots, minced
- 2-3 T fresh basil and parsley, finely chopped
When cooled, tear the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the dressing. Add:
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, rinsed
Toss together, add kosher salt and pepper to taste and serve. You can also make ahead and refrigerate, but it's best served at room temperature within several hours of being made.