My friend Robin shared this with me. She adds small cubes of firm tofu, too.
- 2 cups baby spinach, cut in thin strips
- 2 cups nappa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- small handful radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 T toasted black sesame seeds - reserve for top
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 2 T soy sauce
- ½ jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 T tahini
- 2 T fresh herbs: mint, cilantro and basil
Toss together salad ingredients (except sesame seeds) in a large bowl.
Blend dressing ingredients well. Taste for seasoning. Just before service add dressing and toss. Top with sesame seeds and serve.