· 1 mini bagel, cut in half
· tomato sauce
· shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
· optional: peperoni
· toaster oven (You'll need help from your adult assistant)
· oven mitts/potholders
· baking sheet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on each bagel half.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the tomato sauce on each half.
4. Put it on the baking sheet.
5. Bake in the oven on low heat for about 5 to 8 minutes. They’re done when the cheese is all bubbly.
6. Let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy your tiny pizzas!
· 4 hard boiled eggs**
· 1 T mayonnaise
· ½ t mustard
· Dill pickles!
· Salt and pepper
· Egg slicer (optional)
· Pot to boil eggs
· Slotted spoon
· Small mixing bowl
- Crack and peel the eggs and put them thru egg slicer, first one way, then rotate the egg 90° and slice again
- Transfer eggs to the mixing bowl
- Add mayo, mustard and a spoonful or two of pickle juice
- Stir thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
** To hard boil eggs:
- Add eggs to a medium saucepan and cover with water
- Set on a burner over high heat
- When the water starts to boil turn down heat to a simmer and set timer for 11 minutes
- Fill a large mixing bowl with lots of ice and cold water
- When the timer goes off, use slotted spoon to carefully transfer eggs to the bowl with ice water. Let them sit in the cold water for 5-10 minutes
½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
1 or 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
½ cup fat-free or lowfat vanilla or strawberry yogurt
½ cup orange juice
- blender (You'll need help from your adult assistant.)
- measuring cup
1. Put all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Divide between two glasses.
- 1 ice cream cone - I like the sugar ones
- 1/2 cup lowfat or nonfat yogurt
- berries or fruit, cut up
- cup to stand the cone
- cutting board to cut up fruit, if necessary
1. Wash fruit and cut if necessary
2. Set cone in a cup to stand it up. Fill with yogurt and fruit. Eat!
Tuna on Triscuts
- 1 can tuna (I like albacore in spring water)
- 1 T mayonnaise
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS TO MAKE TUNA SALAD: 4-6 celery stalks, chopped + Juice of two lemons + chopped green olives
- small mixing bowl
- cutting board to cut up
1. Open can
2. Use lid to squish out all the water - right into your dog or cat’s bowl. They will be happy to eat it.
3. Dump the tuna into a mixing bowl. Use your fork to mash it all up.
4. Add mayonnaise and other optional ingredients and stir well
5. Eat with Triscuts or your favorite crackers. Yum!