I developed this after eating something similar in Telluride, Colorado.
YOU WILL NEED:
1. One good baguette, or comparable good crusty bread that would make a good sandwich, toasted (I think toasting is optional, my husband disagrees).
2. Salmon filets, trimmed to be no thicker than the baguette, rubbed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted or grilled until just done.
3. Dill Aioli
Combine in a small bowl:
- Juice of one lemon (shoot for 2-3 T, using more lemons as necessary)
- 2 T mayonaise
- 2 T fresh dill, chopped very fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast or grill salmon.
- Prepare aioli.
- Trim the baguette on a diagonal and slice down the middle. Place cooked filet and a generous spoonful of aioli.