I’m half Italian. That’s how I justify my love for bread and
YOU WILL NEED:
Serves fourMorning Prep:
1. Marinate a few boneless, skinless chicken breasts in
olive oil, garlic, lemon or whatever else you like in there.
2. Boil water for pasta, adding a generous amount of kosher salt to the water.
3. Run tomatoes through food mill, set on a medium size extractor. Mine comes with three discs. I use the middle one for all tomatoes
4. Trim basil. Here’s how: stack about 4-5 leaves on top of each other. Roll the whole thing up. Take your thinnest, sharpest blade and make thin cuts, crosswise. This is essentially a chiffonade, but not quite as thin.
5. Grill chicken breasts. When cooked through, transfer to a cutting board and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
Sauté the garlic until fragrant. Then add the pureed tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes until the color darkens. Then add:
Cook, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta (12-16 oz).
When the pasta has about 5 minutes left of cooking time: