Chicken Pesto Pasta
This is sort of an à la minute preparation. You don't have to leave it for the absolute last moment, but don't make pesto ahead of time. It loses its verdant luster pretty quickly.
YOU WILL NEED
In a Cuisinart:
Pulse Cuisinart until well blended, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
With motor running, add:
2. Boil water for pasta, adding a spoonful of kosher salt to the water.
3. Roast pine nuts in the oven or toaster oven for about 1 minute or until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
4. While the water is heating, trim haricots (top and tail). Fill a medium sized bowl with ice and water.
3. Grill chicken breasts.
4. When the pasta water comes to a boil, throw haricots in and blanch - no more than a minute. Remove them with a slotted spoon and toss in the bowl of ice water. (Honestly, I usually just put the cooked beans in a strainer and run cold water over them.)
5. Take chicken off the grill and allow to cool slightly.
6. Put pasta in boiling water and prepare pesto (below).
7. Slice chicken
8. Drain pasta and put in a serving bowl. Add chicken, haricots verts and the pesto and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy.
copyright 2008-2014 Katie Fairbank