How do I Transfer utilities into my name?
Welcome to your new Home! If your lease requires that you pay for utilities, including Water, Sewer, Garbage, PGE, or Propane or anything else, you will have to contact the correct company and transfer utilities into your name prior to moving in or, if an exception is granted, within 5 days of moving in.
Note: Each city and utility company has a separate process to set up an account, so when in doubt, refer to the website for the specific utility company! See the below utility information. If your city is not on the list, you can find their website with a quick Google search!
Gas & Electric
Water & Sewer Department Transfer Instructions
- Arcata - Apply for Service - 707-822-5951
- Eureka - Signing up for Water and Sewer Service - 707-441-4267
- Ferndale Del Oro Water Company - New Service Request - 530-717-2500
- Fortuna - Apply for new service - 707-725-7600
- Humboldt Community Services District (Cutten / Portions of Myrtletown) - Call to start services - 707-443-4558
- McKinleyville - Account Setup - 707-839-3251
- Rio Dell - Contact City of Rio Dell - 707-764-3532
- Blue Lake City Hall - Sign up for Service - 707-668-5655
- Loleta Community Services District - Sign up for Services - 707-733-1717
- Manila Community Services District - Sign up for Service - 707-444-3803
- Recology - Eureka Area - 707-442-5711
- Recology - Arcata Area - 707-822-0304
- Recology Eel River - Fortuna Area - 707-725-5156
- Humboldt Sanitation - McKinleyville & Trinidad - 707-839-3285
- Blue Lake Garbage - Blue Lake Area - 707-668-5655
Only some properties utilize propane in the Humboldt County Area. Generally, these are rural properties outside of city limits. Please refer to your specific Propane Addendum for which company your property is to use, which can be accessed in your Lease on your Tenant Portal.
- AmeriGas Co. - 707-822-2188
- Sequoia Gas Co. - 707-822-4851
- Blue Star Gas - 707-923-7827
- Renner Petroleum - 707-443-1645