How do I assume responsibility for water during my lease?
Welcome to your new Home! If your lease requires that you pay for water usage, you will have to contact the water department and transfer utilities into your name prior to moving in or, if an exception is granted, within 5 days of moving in.
Note: Each city and utility company has a separate process to set up an account, so when in doubt, refer to the website for the water department in your city! See the below utility information. If your city is not on the list, you can find their website with a quick Google search!
Water Department Transfer Instructions
- Arcata - Apply for Service
- Eureka - Signing up for Water and Sewer Service
- Ferndale Del Oro Water Company - New Service Request
- Fortuna - Apply for new service
- Humboldt Community Services District (Cutten / Portions of Myrtletown) - Call to start services
- McKinleyville - Account Setup
- Rio Dell - Contact City of Rio Dell