Pasta With Spinach and Ricotta Cheese
Circle B Kitchen
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
- 1 10-oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound campanelle or fettuccine pasta
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, butter and chives in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Place in a low oven.
3. Just before the pasta is al dente, remove about 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Whisk enough of the hot water into the cheese mixture to give it the consistency of a creamy sauce.
4. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss well. Add the grated cheese and toss again, adding more water if needed to thin the sauce.
Serve in warm bowls.
Serves 4 to 6 (or not)