Mushroom Turkey Burgers
Circle B Kitchen
Makes 6 burgers
For the Burgers:
2 lbs ground turkey
12 crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
½ large onion, finely chopped
2T worchestershire sauce
3 T tomato paste
salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 T butter
½ large onion, finely sliced
½ lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
6 slices Gouda Cheese (smoked Gouda is awesome here)
¼ cup low fat mayonaise
¼ cup Dijon mustard
6 fresh hamburger buns
1. In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, the chopped mushrooms and onion, the worchestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Form into 6 burgers and place on wax paper.
2. In a large saute pan heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and saute until really soft and light brown.
3. Spray a large saute pan or griddle with cooking spray. Heat until just smoking hot. Spray the tops of the burgers and place sprayed side down on the hot pan. Grill for 6 minutes. Spray the tops of the burgers, flip and top with a slice of cheese. Grill another 6 minutes.
4. Mix the mayonaise and mustard together.
5. Heat the buns in either the oven or the microwave
6. To assemble: Smear both sides of each bun with some of the mayonaise/mustard mixture.
Place burger on bun.
Top with a big dollop of the mushroom/onion mixture.
Top with a big handful of baby spinach.