Green Goddess Dressing
Circle B Kitchen
This is the original recipe from the Palace Restaurant in San Francisco. I made a few changes to the recipe as noted below. Feel free to stick with the original!
Makes almost 2 cups of dressing/dip
- 4-5 anchovy fillets (I used 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste)
- 1 small green onion (light parts only)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup finely snipped chives
Mince anchovies with green onion; transfer to a bowl. Add parsley, tarragon, mayonnaise, tarragon vinegar and chives; mix well. The dressing can be made ahead.
Alternately, if you'd like to use a blender, you don't have to mince your herbs, just place all of the ingredients into a blender, food processor or use a stick blender in a 2-3 cup jar. Process until the herbs are almost completely incorporated into the dressing. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate. If desired, thin with a little olive oil and/or buttermilk, being sure to taste again for salt and pepper.