Caprese de Farro
Circle B Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Gabriele Corcos and Debi Mazar
- 1 pound farro
- 10 ounces organic cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 (5-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella (packed in water), chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, toss in the farro and cook for 20 minutes, strain, and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
Add the tomatoes to a bowl, add the mozzarella, rip the basil leaves with your hands, and add the olives.
Season with a good quality extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Serve right away or cover and refrigerate. Will keep for several days.