Circle B Kitchen
You can substitute tortilla chips here for the corn tortillas, just add them after the eggs have just started to set up.
1/4 cup of milk or half-and-half
1/4 cup of canola oil
4 corn tortillas cut into strips (or 2-3 cups of tortilla chips)
1/2 an onion diced (about 1/2 a cup)
4 jalapeno peppers (or 1 large poblano pepper) diced
1 cup of shredded cheese such as Longhorn cheddar or Monterrey Jack
1 to 2 cups of salsa
1/2 cup of cilantro
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup cotija cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs together with milk. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
2. In a large iron skillet, heat up the oil on medium-high, and place tortilla strips into skillet, cooking for about three minutes, turning once.
3. Add onions and jalapenos to the pan, and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet and let eggs sit for about one minute or until set on the bottom and then gently stir.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle cheese on top of eggs, and continue to cook until melted.
6. Place the egg mixture on a serving plate and top with salsa, avocado, crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro.