- Circle B Kitchen
- I make this granola about every 10 days; we go through it that fast. You can add or subtract the amounts of coconut oil and molasses depending on your tastes, but these are the proportions that I use. We sprinkle it over yogurt for our breakfast every morning, but it's just as good with milk and fresh fruit or over ice cream. Enjoy!
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- !/4 to 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup molasses
- 2-3 cups dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the coconut oil briefly in the microwave until just melted and set aside.
Toss the oats, coconut, and almonds together in a large bowl. Pour the coconut oil over the oat mixture and stir well to coat. Drizzle in the molasses, stirring to mix well until all the oats and nuts are coated. Pour onto a 13 by 18 by 1-inch sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove from the oven and stir well to keep it from burning. Return the pan to the oven and cook another 15 minutes, stir once more and then bake for 8 more minutes. Let it cool completely in the pan before adding the dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.