Mom's Honeyed Almonds
Circle B Kitchen
Mom made these so often that I think she could make them in her sleep. For some reason, mine somehow never taste quite as good as hers, but I think that's the way with most of our Mom's recipes, you know?
2 cups raw almonds
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup raw sugar
1. Place the almonds on a cookie sheet and place in a cold oven. Set temperature at 350 degrees and roast the almonds 15 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Spray another cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside
3. Place the cup of raw sugar in a ziploc bag and set aside
4. Melt the butter and honey together in a medium pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the roasted almonds to the pan, cooking and stirring for another 2 minutes.
6. Using a slotted spoon, place the almonds on the prepared cookie sheet, spreading out to cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. While still warm, put the almonds into the bag with the raw sugar. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal it shut.
8. Scrunch the almonds around int the bag, separating them and coating them with the sugar.
9. Spread them out in the bag to sit until they are cooled.
10. Remove them from the bag with a slotted spoon to remove the excess sugar.