3-Ingredient Lentil Salad
Circle B Kitchen
This salad comes together in a jiffy if you have access to Trader Joe's products. But if you don't, I've given you directions below on how to put this together without them. We love this as a side dish with salmon or chicken, as a salad at lunch, as a dip with crackers and a crostini topping.
Recipe courtesy of Trader Joe's
1 pkg Trader Joe's steamed lentils
1/2 container of TJ's Bruschetta sauce
1 6-oz container of TJ's crumbled feta
Combine the ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes to marinate. Serve at room temp.
If you don't have access to Trader Joe's, here's how to make your own...
1. Use 1 cup of your favorite crumbled feta cheese
2. Make some bruschetta sauce... (from King Arthur Flour)
- 2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Blend all of the ingredients in a small glass or ceramic bowl, and let the mixture rest for at least 10 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Make some lentils...
Place 1 1/2 cups dry lentils in a pot of water (about 4 - 5 cups), add 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Once they come to a boil, cook for 15-20 minutes. Test at 15 minutes as some lentil varieties cook more quickly. Drain, let cool before adding to the salad.
Combine the lentils, bruschetta sauce and feta cheese as directed above.