Welcome to the Telescope Network
In April 2018, Boston Public Schools and the Boston Teacher Union were awarded a grant by the Nellie Mae Education Foundation to elevate teacher voice in district level decision-making and empower high school educators to drive their own professional learning.
The goals of our year-long project are:
- STARGAZING: We will magnify the bright spots (successful teachers and effective practices).
- NAVIGATING: We will connect the dots, linking educators to resources, opportunities, and each other.
- SURVEYING: We will assess the current state of professional learning across BPS.
News & Events
- (Nov 2018) Our New Brochure: Here's our new Telescope Network brochure:
- Learning Site @ EMK Academy: Join us on Nov 7th or 14th for our first Learning Site session. Learning site will be hosted by Chris Madson, 12th grade ELA teacher at EMK Academy. The topic/question is: How do we implement aspects of project-based learning in a traditional classroom setting to increase student ownership? Register here. See our flyer to learn more.
- Edcamp: Join us on Saturday, November 17th from 8:30 AM -12:00 for BPS/BTU Fall EdCamp! EdCamps are a unique "unconference" form of professional development where those in attendance lead learning for one another according to their interests. Are you new a teacher looking to learn more about a specific topic? Are you a teacher who can share your expertise? Bring your ideas, your questions, your cool tools to share and your laptop. Register here. See our flyer to learn more!