This is a landmark early sound western which features an Academy Award-winning performance by Warner Baxter as O. Henry's famed Mexican outlaw, the Cisco Kid.
Army Sergeant Mickey Dunn sets out in pursuit of the Cisco Kid (Warner Baxter), a notorious if kind-hearted and charismatic bandit of the Old West. The Kid spends much of his loot on Tonia, the woman he loves, not realizing that she is being unfaithful to him in his absence. Soon, with her oblivious paramour off plying his trade, Tonia falls in with Dunn, drawn by the allure of a substantial reward for the Kid's capture -- dead or alive. Together, they concoct a plan to ambush and do away with the Cisco Kid once and for all.
An orphan whose father has been killed by bandits inherits a mine. Cisco Kid (Cesar Romero) saves the mine and the child and also finds the child's real mother.
Note: In the beginning of the movie (12 min 50 sec), a baby is almost run down by a Stage Coach. Try to figure out how it was done.
3. Robin Hood Of Monterey (1947) Gilbert Roland - The Cisco Kid (Gilbert Roland) finds a wounded man who fled after being accused of killing his father. While he recovers Cisco investigates. He learns the murder weapon was a large bore pistol but the bullet came from a derringer. He finds the derringer belongs to the man's wife, an old acquaintance who has been on the wrong side of the law like himself. But then Cisco, a wanted man, is captured and placed before the firing squad and shot. 4. Cisco Kid in Ride On, Vaquero (1941)
- Cesar Romero -
The Cisco Kid (Cesar Romero) is captured while keeping a rendezvous with cantina dancer Dolores but is released by his captor, the commander of a U.S. Army regiment, to help break up a kidnap ring. On his way to Las Tables with his pal, Gordito, he makes a stop at the Martinez Rancho, where they learn that his friend Carlos has been kidnapped, from his wife Marquerita.
5. Cisco Kid in The Gay Caballero (1940) - Cesar Romero
- The Cisco Kid (Cisco Kid) and his buddy Gordito arrive in town and learn that Cisco is supposedly dead. Not only that: Before his death, he is believed to have attempted to steal Susan Wetherby's land.
6. Cisco Kid in Romance of the Rio Grande (1941) - Cesar Romero - Wealthy and respected rancher Don Fernando de Vega fears for the future of his ranch after his death and sends for his grandson, Carlos Hernandez. Carlos is waylaid on his journey and seriously wounded. The famous bandit, the Cisco Kid (Cesar Romero), discovers that he is an exact double for the wounded Carlos. Cisco decides to "inherit" the ranch himself, and passes himself off as the long-awaited Carlos. 7. The Cisco Kid in The Gay Amigo (1949) - Duncan Renaldo and Leo Carrillo
- Chasing Mexican bandits, the Captain sees Cisco (Duncan Renaldo) and Pancho (Leo Carrillo) ride away. Assuming they are the bandits he captures them and then lets them go. He has them followed figuring they will lead him to the entire gang. Cisco learns the editor and the blacksmith are the leaders. He makes the blacksmith think his partner double-crossed him and then joins up with him as his new partner planning to lead the entire gang into a trap.
8. Lucky Cisco Kid (1940) - Cesar Romero
- A gang of outlaws, led by Judge McQuade (William Robertson), are committing crimes and blaming it on the Cisco Kid (Cesar Romero), in McQuade's attempt to drive the settlers off the land and buy it himself. The Cisco Kid and Gordito (Chris-Pin Martin) eventually stop the scheme, and the Kid falls in love with widow Emily Lawrence (Evelyn Venable).
9. Viva Cisco Kid (1940) - Cesar Romero
- Cisco Kid (Cesar Romero) saves a stagecoach from being robbed and takes a shine to one of the passengers whose father is in cahoots with a vicious criminal who plans to murder him.
1. The Cisco Kid TV Programs
programs in COLOR
2. The Cisco Kid Radio Programs
3. Cabellero's Way by O. Henry (Audio - First and only appearance of The Cisco Kid. Published in 1907 )