The town hall is located in front of the Church of the Holy Cross, it was built around 1300 as the residence of the "Twelve Defenders of the People". Over the centuries the building has been renovated several times, the most important
interventions are those performed in the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries. The former boardroom has now been restored to civil unions, inside there are many frescoes such as the "Madonna and Child", surrounded by the seven virtues. The current boardroom has frescoes of 1928 related to the history of the city. An important scene is the one depicting the Virgin Mary surrounded by cherubs' heads and the patrons of the town San Miniato, San Genesio and closer to Our Lady St. Francis and St. Augustine. Also very important are the frescoes of the old coat of arms of the villages around San Miniato. Here we can also find a depiction of Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan who seems to be born in San Miniato. The painting recalls the iconography of the great Renaissance leaders which is also found in the Cathedral of Florence.