May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month!
Get it Right! Treat the Bite!
1. Wear light-colored clothing and a hat to help spot ticks more easily.
2. Scan clothing or any exposed skin frequently for ticks while outdoors.
3. When possible, stay on cleared and well-traveled trails.
4. Keep grass cut short and create a “safe zone” on your property.
5. Treat outdoor clothing with a product that kills ticks.
6. Avoid sitting or laying directly on the ground.
7. Place outdoor clothing in a hot dryer for at least one hour to kill ticks.
8. Learn to properly remove a tick and about Lyme and tick borne diseases.
9. Shower thoroughly after being outdoors.
10. Treat all tick bites as if your life depended on it, because it does.
And don’t forget, do a tick check!