Wateringbury Local History Society provides
In addition ad hoc visits are arranged for members. In 2011/12 these included
- historical talks (many on local history),
- an annual cheese and wine evening, and
- a summer outing to a property of historical significance.
There are generally 9 talks a year in Wateringbury Village hall, starting at 7.40pm on the third Wednesday of most months (see ''Events Programme'' for 2016/17 details).
- visits to Saltwood Castle (not open to the public) with conducted tours by the owner, Jane Clark.
- a visit to Westenhanger Castle with a conducted tour by the owner Graham Forge.
- a visit to Addington Long Barrow.
- a visit to Chapel Down winery and Tenterden with guided tours.
Non-members are very welcome to attend any of the talks in the 2016/17 programme at a charge of £3.00. The cheese and wine party is confined to members as is the December Social evening.
The Society maintains a library which can be accessed by members and has a range of publications for purchase.
The society can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org