Technology Guidelines for Responsible Computing / 1:1 Laptop Program
1:1 Laptop Program Overview
The commitment of the District to continue with the 1:1 laptop environment for the 2017-2018 Academic year allows for families to receive a District issued 11” MacBook Air or families may provide their own Mac laptop to each student if the laptop meets the minimum specifications. Please go to tech.nvnet.org for further information.
All students and families regardless of choice of school issued or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) will be required to:
- attend a Family Training Orientation program (several opportunities will be scheduled prior to program launch);
- review and acknowledge reading of all related handbooks, acceptable use policies, and laptop care agreement;
- agree to have installed Mobile Device Management (MDM) software. We will be utilizing Casper as our MDM; and
- provide a laptop stereo headset.
In order for a student to receive a District-issued Mac laptop to take home during the school year only (excluding summer months), the parent/guardian and student must also: make a laptop insurance program payment of $75/year; and agree to turn in the District laptop and District – issued accessories at the end of the school year. This includes the charger, edison cable, duck, case and box.
If a family decides to provide their child with a Mac laptop, the parent/guardian and student must also:
- provide a laptop case and power supply; and
- agree to pay a per diem daily fee ($5.00) if a personal laptop is under repair and a District-owned loaner laptop is needed; and
- agree to consult homeowners insurance for property loss