NV Honor Code
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Honor is one of a person’s greatest attributes and most cherished traits. An honor system is based on the premise that a person upholds the highest standards in all that he or she does. Honor and integrity are related to our school’s key characteristics. Without honor, students cannot achieve their maximum potential. Under the Honor Code at Northern Valley Regional High School, it is expected that all students will demonstrate honesty and integrity in their conduct. Intentional lying, cheating, and stealing will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any person who violates the Honor Code must be held accountable for compromising the honor and trust of our community.
Each student is responsible for upholding and enforcing the Honor Code. The Northern Valley Honor Code cannot work unless each student takes action when he or she believes anyone may have violated the Honor Code.
Academic Honor Code
1. I will take credit for my work. I will not cheat, help others cheat, or allow others to do my work for me.
2. I will no forge (fake/copy) signatures, records, information, or results.
3. I will not plagiarize. I will use quotations and cite sources when I use someone else's words and ideas.
4. I will be honest about my work with teachers, peers, and parent(s)/guardian(s).
5. I understand I will be given a "zero" on any assignment where the Honor Code is broken.
6. I will abide by the BOE Acceptable Use Policy
(Now being acknowledged and implemented via InfoSnap).
I, ______________________________, will uphold all standards of the Northern Valley Honor Code. I understand there will be direct consequences (see "conduct" in handbook for any and all violations.
Student Signature & ID # __________________________________ Date___________________
As the parent/guardian of __________________________________, I have reviewed the Northern Valley Honor Code with my student. I support and uphold the academic integrity of the Northern Valley community.
Parent Signature _____________________________________ Date___________________
This document is based on the Honor Code of the College of William and Mary.