1. The coach of each sport will be responsible for developing the criteria for earning a Varsity, Junior Varsity, or Freshman award. The coach will make known to the athletes, before the season, the requirements for receiving an award.
2. A prerequisite for all awards is a demonstration of good school citizenship, both on and off the court or field, at all times. Any player whose conduct or attitude requires unusual discipline by the coach, Director of Athletics, or Principal may forfeit his/her right to an award during a particular sports season.
3. In order for a student to be eligible for an award, he/she must complete the entire season as a member of the squad.
4. In order for a student to be eligible for an award, he/she must return all equipment issued to him/her.
5. A student will be awarded only one varsity chenille letter for participation in athletics during his/her four years at N.V.R.H.S. He/she will receive an athletic certificate and/or trophy/plaque after winning additional varsity letters.