Late to School
If a student arrives late to school between 7:40 and 7:55 am, they will report to their class and their teacher will record their late. All students arriving late to school after 7:55 am or leaving early must check in and out with the attendance secretary. Parents must contact the attendance office when the student is going to be late. After 7:55 am the student will be considered truant and cutting a class. A student may not come to school for a single class or to take a test and then leave. Violation of this rule will result in an F grade
on the test. A student missing an announced test, quiz or assessment because of tardiness will receive a grade of F unless a parent calls in by 7:55am and the absence is a Driver’s Test, Religious Holiday or Court Appearance.
1. Every late after 3 = 1 detention at 7:15 AM-7:35 AM
in the South Cafeteria or 3:00-3:30 PM in B108. Beginning with the fourth unexcused tardy, the student is assigned one detention at 7:15 AM or 3 PM.
Detentions must be fulfilled within 24 hours. Failure to attend detention will result in additional discipline that may include suspension. On the 11th late the student is not in good standing.
A. Students will not be permitted to attend future field trips or class trips.
B. On the 12th late, there will be a mandatory meeting with student, parent, Assistant Principal and Guidance Counselor. The student will be
assigned to a designated lunch detention location until attendance improves.
C. On the 19th late, the student will receive an in school suspension followed by a mandatory meeting with parents and administrator. The student
will continue to report to a designated lunch detention and they will be
assigned to the media center during any free periods until attendance improves significantly. Attendance will be taken. Failure to report will result
in a cut. Parking privileges will be suspended.
D. On the 24th late, the student will receive an out of school suspension followed by mandatory reentry meeting with the student, parent, Assistant
Principal, Guidance Counselor. Students will be permanently assigned to the media center. Attendance will be taken. Failure to report will result
in additional disciplinary actions.
E. On the 30th late, the student may be placed in a suspension alternative program (SAP) or in an out of school suspension for not less than 5
days. There will be a mandatory reentry meeting with the student, parent, Assistant Principal and Guidance Counselor. Further tardies will result
in additional disciplinary actions.
2. No student will be admitted late to school after 9:30 AM and be considered present for that day. Any student entering school after 9:30 AM or leaving prior to 12:30 PM may not participate in any extra-curricular or co-curricular activities (any sport, or club or prom, etc.). Students who are in school for any part of the day are required to complete the work, including examinations, in the classes that they attend. If a student is truant, they may not make up the work missed.
3. Any student entering school after 9:30 AM or leaving prior to 12:30 PM on a Friday excludes students from participating in or attending any co-curricular, extra-curricular, or athletic activity that weekend.
4. A student cannot come to school just to take a test and then leave. This will result in an “F” for that test.
5. Unexcused “Lates” result in F’s for all work and tests in missed classes. If a student is late and misses a class and a
parent does not call them in by 7:55 AM, the student will be considered truant and a zero will be entered for the assessment.
6. Students who exceed 10 lates will be considered not in good standing.
Absences and tardies are part of the permanent record and the totals will appear on the transcript for all four years.