At many places of the guide, you will see that you have to install Wads from time to time. Also, many apps can be installed as a channel and these are always in wad form.
This is the best tool for creating Wads yourself. Once you've seen the tutorial, you'll be making (Animated) channels like never seen before!
* A computer (which you have if you're reading this).
* CustomizeMii: http://code.google.com/p/customizemii/downloads/list
Setup of CustomizeMii
1. Download CustomizeMii and extract it. First read the txt files that come with the app. If you did this, start CustomizeMii.exe
1) Choosing a base wad (Source tab)
2. CustomizeMii will open in the first tab, called Source.
What we need to do here is to choose our base wad, which is our starting point for the new wad we are going to create. The reason we use base wads and don't start from 0 is that most people won't have enough knowledge to do that. When using a base wad, the most difficult stuff is done for us already (Animations and Layout).
You can choose your base wad on 2 ways:
2) Changing the displayed title (Title tab)
3. Continue to the next tab called Title.
This is how our channel is going to be named (the name is shown when you point to the channel with the Wii remote).
You can set a different name for each language, but only All languages needs to be filled in.
If you fill in one of the languages, it will use that title if the Wii is set to use that language.
3) Changing various options (Options tab)
4. Go to the next tab called Options. This is the final tab we need if we're not replacing images of the banner.
All things to fill in on this page are optional. If you leave them empty, it will use the same settings as already present in the Wad file.
4) Banner & icon editing (Banner and Icon tabs) [Optional]
These steps are a little more advanced, and can be skipped if desired.
Ok, time to get started :)
5. First, we need to extract all images we want to replace. We can do this with CustomizeMii, but its possible to do with ShowMiiWads as well.
The steps below are for CustomizeMii. If you want to know how to do it with ShowMiiWads, you have to go to the ShowMiiWads page.
Go to the Banner tab. You will see a list of tpl files.
If you don't want to start over again with all previous steps, leave CustomizeMii minimized.
7. Once you edited your images, go to CustomizeMii again.
Once you replaced all Banner elements, you can do the same for the Icon (the next tab).
6) Layout & Animation editing (Layout and Animation tabs) [Optional]
This guide does currently not contain any steps on how to use Layouts and Animations.
It might be added in the future, but untill then you'll have to find another guide about this.
Also note that changing this kind of stuff is for EXPERTS ONLY.
7) Creating the Wad file
To create your wad file, you can use the big button on the bottom that says "Create WAD".
You will be asked where to store the wad. Just browse to the place where you want to save it, give it a name and press Save.
After the program finishes, it'll give you some more info about the wad you just created:
Installing the Wad file
The wad can now be installed on your Wii by using a wad manager!