MPlayer CE is an old Media Player for the Wii. It allows you to play movie DVDs and play media from a USB/SD.
We recommend you to use WiiMC instead!
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<coder>Mplayer CE Team</coder>
<short_description>Wii Media Player</short_description>
<long_description>Homebrew media player for Nintendo Wii.
Scip, rodries, AgentX, DJDynamite123,
MPlayer Wii port - Team Twiizers,
used code - MPlayerWii[rOn], GeeXboX,
tipolosko, Ludovic Orban, hax, Shareese,
Background video - Blue_K
* An SD card (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above) or USB device formatted to FAT(32).
* [For playing Discs] DVDx installed
* [Optional, for playing data from USB] cIOS202 - either the version provided by the MPlayer_CE team on their google code page or the version included in hermes cIOS installer (installed as 60 merged 38)
* Mplayer_CE (Christmas edition): http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/downloads/list (download the version of your preferred language and optionally the forwarder)
* Use Mplayer to play movies and music of burned DVDs, retail DVDs and USB/SD
1. Download Mplayer_CE. Extract the mplayer_ce folder to the apps folder on the SD card.
2. Run Mplayer_CE with the homebrew channel, or install the forwarder and run it that way. (The forwarder still needs the complete Mplayer_CE folder, not just the dol to load!)
How to use... >