StartPatch is a program that enables system menu hacks onto your Wii, the same way Preloader does, except it does not move the system menu, which makes is a good alternative for those who choose not to install Preloader. It offers features such as:
- Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDx Checks - Disables the System Menu from blocking Homebrew.
- Block Disc Updates - Blocks updates, which have been embedded in Discs.
- Region Free Wii Games - Forces your System Menu to play all region games in your Wii's region.
- Region Free Channels - Allow installation of any region Channels.
- Region Free GC Games No VM Patch - Removes region restrictions on Gamecube games.
- Remove NoCopy Protection (Need To Install ALL Five) - Removes the Save File Copy Protection, which prevents Save Files from being copied to SD Cards.
- Move Disc Channel - Enables the Disc Channel to be moved.
- No Menu BG Music - Removes the System Menu's background music.
- Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP (Need To Install BOTH) - Allows you to enter the Wii's Recovery Mode easily.
- Remove Diag Disc Check - Remove Diagnostic Disc check.
- Auto-Press A At Health Screen - Automatically presses "A" for you at the Health Screen.
- Replace Health Screen With Black - Instead of seeing the Health Screen, it shows a black screen.
- Force Disc To Use IOS249 - Forces Discs to use IOS249.
So, like preloader it is quite interesting to have.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<short_description>Patches System Menu v4.2U</short_description>
:: NOTE ::
Please remove any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, or Nunchuck accessories, before using this App!
== THANK YOU's ==
BlackAce83 - Some Very Small Coding, Porting, Compiling, A LOT Of Testing, ...MORE
TiMeBoMb - Some Very Small Coding, Some Porting, A LOT Of Testing, New StartPatch Icon, New "meta.xml" File...MORE
zektor - A LOT Of Testing, ...MORE
* An SD card (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above) formatted to FAT(32).
* StartPatch http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch#Download
* Will install Startpatch for system menu hacks.
1. Download the StartPatch installer and throw the folder with the boot.dol into your apps folder on the SD card.
2. Run the StartPatch installer with the HBC. Press A to continue.
3. You should come up to screen where there is a list of the hacks above. Prepare the install by selecting which hacks you want on by pressing A on them. Hacks divided into parts (eg: Region free Wii games) need all parts enabled to work correctly.
4. After choosing all the hacks, press Save towards the bottom to apply them to your Wii. It should reboot with the hacks enabled.