So you think you removed all things on your Wii? Don't be too sure about that! Some apps (mostly preloader) leave some invisible marks on the NAND of your Wii (like the preloader hacks). These marks are not dangerous, but most of the time not usable either.
Since preloader 0.29, the hacks are stored on another location as the ones of earlier versions. This is why the Preloader Hacks remover cannot be used to remove the Hacks of preloader 0.29 and up. NandClean CAN find and remove these hacks (as well as the old ones).
* An SD card (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above) or USB device formatted to FAT(32).
* NandClean 0.2
1. On your SD card (or USB device), create a new folder in the apps folder and call it NandClean.
2. Download the NandClean package. Extract the NandClean.dol to the folder you created in step 1. Don't forget to rename it to boot.dol or it will not boot with the HBC.
3. Start up the Homebrew Channel and run NandClean (since it has no meta.xml, you'll have to search for it, it will always be behind all apps that do have a meta.xml).
Once you started it up, it will ask you a lot of questions. Every time, you can choose to uninstall it (by pressing A) or to skip the step (by pressing another button). If you choose uninstall and the file is not found, it just shows a message, press A to continue in that case.
Now lets see what every question means:
1) Delete the DVDX 3.4 gift? This is an old version of DVDx that was made for system menu 3.4. You can better use the DVDx of the latest hackmii installer, so uninstall this one if you have it.
2) Delete the Preloader <0.29 hacks? Hacks installed on your NAND from preloader versions before 0.29
3) Delete the Preloader <0.29 settings? Settings installed on your NAND from preloader versions before 0.29
4) Delete the Preloader <0.29 installed DOL? If you installed a file to autoboot with a preloader version before 0.29, it will be removed
5) Delete the Preloader 0.29 hacks? Hacks installed on your NAND from preloader 0.29 or up and priiloader
6) Delete the Preloader 0.29 settings? Settings installed on your NAND from preloader 0.29 or up and priiloader
7) Delete the Preloader 0.29 installed DOL? If you installed a file to autoboot with preloader 0.29 (or up) or priiloader, it will be removed
8) Delete the System menu App? This is a dangerous one. Preloader (Priiloader) can only boot the system menu thanks to this (Since Preloader takes the place of the system menu, it has to install this app to boot the system menu). If you remove it before you removed preloader (by installing your system menu wad), you will end up having no system menu. So be sure you installed your system menu wad before removing this!
How can you know this? If you have no preloader (priiloader) when holding the reset button at boot, you have installed your system menu wad.
As extra safety, you'll have to press + then - to delete the system menu App.
That was all you could clean with this app. If you ran this and uninstalled everything, preloader will have left no marks anymore.
How to use... >