The steps in this guide are no longer needed.
The updated cIOS installation guide bypasses the need for a patched IOS236.
However, if those steps for some reason refuse to work, you can still try the old method below.
Don't try these steps on the Wii U, this is for Wii only!
Offline NUS Downloads
Use this section only if you have no WiFi on your Wii.
1.Run NUS Downloader. (Get it from this page). Enable "Pack WAD" at the bottom (It will say '-NUS-[v].wad' in the box now).
We need to download some files now:
Quick usage guide, in case you haven't used NUS Downloader before:
Through the database, navigate to IOS -> IOS 36 -> v3351. After that, Click "Start NUS Download".
Once you downloaded the IOS, go to the folder where you extracted the NUS downloader and you will see a new folder called titles. In this folder will be another folder:
Open this folder and you will find a .wad file in it (if not, you did something wrong above).
Copy this wad file to the root of the SD card. (aka: not in any folder).
Now follow the guide below.
1. Downloading the IOS236 Installer
Download the IOS236 Installer and extract the IOS236 folder in the zip file to the apps folder on the SD card.
You can get it with this link.
Your SD card should look like this:
Unplug ALL Gamecube hardware (Controllers and memory cards) before starting with the guide !
2. Launch the Homebrew Channel and Run the IOS236 Installer.
3. Wait a little while and a message will appear, press 1 to continue.
4. Choose where the installer can find IOS36.
5. Press A to start the installation and let it install (won't take long).
6. You will be asked if you want to play pirated games. Even if you are planning on doing this, still choose not to do step 2.
Note about the cIOS Installer steps
If you are going to install a cIOS (for backup loaders etc), you can go to the cIOS installation steps, but you need to make a change:
After this, follow steps as normal.