The World Is Not Enough
- Motion Picture Score (1999)
||CD Number: 112 161-2
Inside cover opens out with letter box montage of photos with added track timings but disappointing disc world label.
Duration: 63 mins 03 secs.
- The World Is Not Enough
performed by Garbage
- Show Me The Money
- Come In 007, Your Time Is Up
- Access Denied
- M's Confession
- Welcome To Baku
- Ice Bandits
- Elektra's Theme
- Body Double
- Going Down - The Bunker
- Remember Pleasure
- Caviar Factory
- Torture Queen
- I Never Miss
- Christmas In Turkey
- Only Myself To Blame
performed by Scott Walker
- US Movie Trailer
( Enhanced Bonus Track )
Here's my look at the 2nd Bond Soundtrack by David Arnold ...
* It's a pity that there is not a separate drummed up JBT track. TWINE's soundtrack is improved by better opening theme and is good overall but at this moment not better than Arnold's efforts with Tomorrow.
- Good opening theme with Shirley Manson's vocals, a welcome improvement on Crow's Tomorrow and nearly as good as Lang's Surrender.
- Opening music for Bilbao escape with plenty of pace & blast of James Bond Theme (JBT).
- The best track with fast music for mixture of old & new for the boat chase with plenty of 'wah-wah' trombones & JBT prompting and varied with guitar version.
- Nice slow, short atmospheric ( 'water-dropping' effect ) track.
- Quiet sympathetic orchestrations for short track.
- Low key opening of JBT mixed into Turkish-feel aided by singer, a sort of 'James goes on a mission' track with instrumental of 1.
- Slow jazz band track with use of flute, trombone, drums & piano gives night club feel - see 19.
- Well paced up-tempo music for ski chase.
- More orchestral version of 7 with piano featured for this love theme track.
- Turkish drum feel for this medium tempo track ( similar to one of Serra's GoldenEye tracks ).
- Plenty of heavy piano and then pace picks up with large prompting orchestrations for racing climatic escape.
- Time ticking track with early piano stressing urgency, imagine a locomotive train for music pace.
- Distant piano opening with hints of 9 with rambling orchestra.
- Turkish opening, large orchestrations, pace picks up with up-tempo 'drummed' JBT*, more prompting back to large score with more classic JBT and mixed with drum 'n' bass ending.
- More atmospheric music with a tinkling on the ivories for this slow track mixed briefly with 9.
- Loud brass orchestrations but disappointing track.
- Big opening for longest track ( 10 mins ), plenty of trumpets, pace moves along with 'quasi' effects and loud score. This accompanying music almost struggles to a halt but seven minutes in, it picks up with drum based prompting to conclude with final minute of hint of J B Theme.
- Short light piano piece love theme reminiscent of Barry's piano work for OHMSS & Diamonds.
- Vocal version of 7 with Scott Walker crooning in great style, imagine a smoky night club setting with singer in tux, open shirt, hanging bow-tie, cigarette or drink in one hand and microphone in other. Shame not used for the movie as not on ending credits.
- Nice puzzle poster opens with 1 on your PC, then run the 2 minute US trailer.
Note use of background music from Tomorrow ( parts of tracks 2 & 13).
Still a must for your Bond collection.