For Your Eyes Only
Title: For Your Eyes Only
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Deluxe Edition (1981)
- For Your Eyes Only - Vocal by Sheena Easton
- A Drive In The Country
- Take Me Home - Flugelhorn solo by Eddie Blair
- Melina's Revenge
- Gonzales Takes A Drive
- St. Cyril's Monastery
- Make It Last All Night - Vocal by "Rage"
- For Your Eyes Only - Flugelhorn Solo by Derek Watkins
- The P.M. Gets The Bird/For Your Eyes Only - Reprise - Vocal by Sheena Easton
- Gunbarrel/Flowers For Teresa/Sinking The St. Georges
- Unfinished Business/Bond Meets Kristatos
- Goodbye, Countess/No Head For Heights/Dining Alone
- Recovering The ATAC
- Sub Vs. Sub
- Run Them Down/The Climb
Duration: 58 mins 50 secs.
CD Number: RCD 10751
The third in the 'Deluxe Editions' of Bond soundtracks is one of my favourite non-Barry 007 movie scores. Mr Conti's interesting and varied music is still not dated after all these years. Like Barry, his music manages to remind us of locations & scenes and I am puzzled why he was never asked back. Singer Sheena Easton provides a memorable title song with the instrumental version used at many a beauty pageant. Apart from his romantic themes which are most relaxing, my favourite track still remains the exciting ski chase music called Runaway ( track 8 ) but it's good to have the upbeat & opening Gunbarrel ( track 13 ) now included.
Like The Living Daylights and unlike Octopussy editions, there is no original incidental dialogue from the film and sadly no multimedia ( was this due to DVDs at the time ? ). Also no fold-out poster to accompany the CD, instead the booklet ( see left ).
Despite being another must for any 007 fan to add to their Bond music collection ( in my case to replace a much played vinyl LP ), the presentation and content standard has sadly dropped on this release. If there was to have been a fourth edition, there had to have been an improvement in research and other content.