According to the BCA Curriculum Guide, 7th Grade is about the life and time of Shinran Shonin and to serve as an introduction to Jodo Shinshu. The following lessons follow roughly the school year.
- Curriculum Calendar - Suggested Order of Lessons
- Introducing Shinran - Talking about what students think/know of Shinran, Myth about Shinran, and creating a Shinran Timeline
- Life of Shinran Play - A play covering Shinran's life.
- Shinran-o - A bingo-game for Shinran Shonin facts
- Life in Kamakura Period - Lesson about life in early Kamakura Period including the "Heian-Wa" game
- Kamakura Taste Test - Eating foods from Old Japan
- Matuswakamaro's Tokudo - "Tokudo" ceremony for the students
- Shinran Challenge - A mini-olympics of activities to learn about Shinran's life at Mt Hiei
- Amazing Tendai Race - Activity to have students experience what a Tendai monastery life might have been like (Similar to Shinran Challenge)
- Exile to Echigo - Activity to have students experience Shinran's exile to Echigo
- Shinran and Bennen - A play about Shinran meeting Bennen
The following lesson is more suited for High School from a curriculum standpoint. However, it was designed for 7th Grade and hence presented here.
- Social Savvy - Presention and discussion on how to deal with social dilemmas