Richmond & Henrico
The Richmond Chapter of the National Capital
Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Association
The Richmond Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Association is a newly-formed support group that welcomes the general public, patients, caregivers, advocates, and professionals whose lives are affected by Lyme and other tick-borne diseases.
They serve the following areas:
Cities and suburbs:
Richmond, Henrico, Sandston, Chesterfield/Chester, Bon Air, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Petersburg, New Kent, Williamsburg, Tuckahowe, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, Colonial Heights, Charlottesville, Laurel, Highland Springs, Highland Park, Hopewell
Henrico, Caroline, Goochland, Powhatan, Amelia, New Kent, Charles City, Fluvanna, Prince George, Dinwiddie, Nottoway, Spotsylvania, King and Queen, James City, Sussex, Surry, Louisa
Their first meeting will be on Saturday, May 28 2011, 3-5PM at the Dumbarton Area Library's Meeting Room (see the link below for map and directions).
They are now on Facebook!
• Meet the need for an active support, educational, and advocacy group in Richmond and surrounding areas for individuals with tick-borne illnesses and the general public. The group is also open to all who play supportive roles in the lives of Lyme patients.
• Educate the general public about tick-borne illness prevention and prevalence.
• Advocate awareness and reform among parties who affect how tick-borne infections are perceived and treated.
• Propagate collaboration and data sharing among medical professionals and organizations, researchers, and governing agencies through active discourse.
• Encourage a cohesive alliance among all members of the Lyme and tick-borne patient community.
*** Please email the facilitators (listed below) prior to the meeting so they can advise you of any last minute changes that may be made to the schedule or meeting location.
Meetings are free and everyone is welcome!
Support group meetings are held on the fourth Saturday of each month from 3:00-5:00 PM
Location- Dumbarton Area Library Meeting Room
6800 Staples Mill Road
Henrico, VA 23228-4930
Library phone number: (804) 290-9400
Click here for map and directions.