(Adapted from Jaden’s recipe on SteamyKitchen.com)
Serves 3 – 4
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 eggs, whisked together
1 cup (about 6 oz) diced cooked pork
2 stalks green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
½ cup frozen peas (no need to defrost)
2 cups cooked, chilled quinoa (1/2 cup raw, cooked in 1 cup water)
1½ teaspoons soy sauce (use gluten-free tamari for GF)
1½ teaspoons fish sauce
1½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat a large skillet (or wok) over medium heat. Add the oil to the hot pan. Add the eggs and scramble gently until cooked. Remove the eggs from the pan.
2. Add the pork and cook for a couple of minutes. Push it aside and add the green onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds and then stir the pork in.
3. Stir in the reserved cooked eggs, peas, and quinoa. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, toasted sesame oil and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, stirring for another minute or so.
5. Taste, and add a bit more soy sauce and/or fish sauce if it seems to need more salt.