Aims of the Physical Education Department
· To deliver a broad and exciting curriculum to all pupils from S to S6.
· Promote the importance of adopting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle now and for the future
· Provide extra curricular opportunities for all types of sports
· Enable pupils to experience the opportunities to work independently and as part of a team
· Allow pupils to see understanding of how important sport can develop an individual mentally, emotional and socially as well as physically.
Staff Names & Roles
Mrs H. Redford (Curriculum Leader)
Mrs L. Blair
Mr A. Dougan (DHT)
Mrs L. Guthrie (Principal Teacher Skills coordinator)
Mr D. Ward
- Broad General Education - All pupils participate from S1 - S3.
- National 4 Physical Education
- National Physical Education
- Higher Physical Education
- Leadership opportunities through Active Schools and SFA.
In the BGE, pupils will have the opportunity to experience:
- Social Dance
- Trampolining S3 onwards
In Certificated courses pupils make their own decisions as to their choices of activities in preparation for their one off assessed performance.