Aims of the Physical Education Department
· To deliver a broad and exciting curriculum to all pupils from S to S6.
· Promote the importance of adopting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle now and for the future
· Provide extra curricular opportunities for all types of sports
· Enable pupils to experience the opportunities to work independently and as part of a team
· Allow pupils to see understanding of how important sport can develop an individual mentally, emotional and socially as well as physically.
Staff Names & Roles
Mrs. H Redford (Curriculum Leader for Health and Well Being)
Mrs. L Guthrie (Principal Teacher of Developing Young Workforce)
Miss. L Dobbie
Mrs. L Murray PE Support
- Broad General Education - All pupils participate from S1 - S3.
- National 4 Physical Education
- National Physical Education
- Higher Physical Education
- Leadership opportunities through Active Schools and SFA.
In the BGE, pupils will have the opportunity to experience:
- Social Dance
- Trampolining S3 onwards
In Certificated courses pupils make their own decisions as to their choices of activities in preparation for their one off assessed performance.
S2 Spain Trip 2017 3rd – 9th June
Higher Exam Paper Thursday 1st June 2017