Aims of the Physical Education Department
· To deliver a broad and exciting curriculum to all pupils from S to S6.
· Promote the importance of adopting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle now and for the future
· Provide extra curricular opportunities for all types of sports
· Enable pupils to experience the opportunities to work independently and as part of a team
· Allow pupils to see understanding of how important sport can develop an individual mentally, emotional and socially as well as physically.
Staff Names & Roles
Mrs. H. Redford (Curriculum Leader for Health and Well Being)
Mrs. L. Guthrie (Principal Teacher of Developing Young Workforce)
Miss. L. Dobbie
Mr. D. Ward
Mr. C. Forrester (Maternity Cover)
- Broad General Education - All pupils participate from S1 - S3.
- National 4 Physical Education
- National Physical Education
- Higher Physical Education
- Leadership opportunities through Active Schools and SFA.
In the BGE, pupils will have the opportunity to experience:
- Social Dance
- Trampolining S3 onwards
In Certificated courses pupils make their own decisions as to their choices of activities in preparation for their one off assessed performance.