Hospitality: Practical Cookery
Hospitality: Practical Cookery develops a range of cookery skills, processes and food preparation techniques. Pupils will learn to plan and produce meals and present them appropriately. Learners develop understanding of ingredients from a variety of different sources, as well as their uses and responsible sourcing and sustainability. They also develop an understanding of the choice of ingredients and the impact these have on health and wellbeing, They develop their knowledge and understanding of food safety and hygiene practices.
Hospitality: Practical Cookery doesn’t only give skills for a career in the food and hospitality industry; it also teaches important life skills.
Some of the skills that will be developed are:
· Health and wellbeing information
· Attention to detail
· Time management
· Organisational skills
· Working in a fast paced environment
Once you have gained a qualification in Hospitality, you have gained a base of knowledge to go on to study further for a successful career in the Food and Hospitality industry.
A sample of the jobs that this course would be beneficial to and their average salary’s:
· Chef £25,000 - £85,000
· Food Technician £20,000 – 45,000
· Wedding cakes £21,000+
· Café & restaurant £40,000+
· Home Economics Teacher £26,000 - £41,000
· Airport and flight culinarian £26,000 - £81,000
· Special events coordinator £26,000 – 150,000
· Food Stylist £40,000 +
· Food photographer £20,000 - £30,000
· Dietitian £45,000 – £60,000
· Nutritionist £15,000 - £55,000
· T.V Chef £35,000 – £70,000
· Child care provider £19,000