Health and Safety
Health and Safety Guidelines for Parents/Carers and Visitors
Children and all other members of the school community should be safe and feel safe wherever they are within the school. It is important that staff, children and parents follow the necessary procedures and do not compromise personal safety. Parents, children and staff are asked to be vigilant and help make the school a secure and safe environment.
The procedures we have to achieve this are described below. By adhering to these guidelines, you will help to make our school an even safer place to be.
· All visitor access is monitored during school hours. The security system will allow staff to admit only genuine visitors to the school before 8.30am, between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm and after 3.30 pm. During these times all other access points will be locked and entry will only be possible through the main front gate. Access is controlled visually through a CCTV entry phone system.
· All visitors are asked to report to the Main School Office. If staying on the premises, they will be asked to sign in and given a Visitor's Badge and sign out at the end of the visit.
· Visitors who do not report to the Office to be given admittance will be regarded as intruders and will be challenged.
· Parents can access school playground, with their children, between 8.35-8:50am and 3.00–3.30pm while the school gates are open.
· Staff will not admit parents before 3.00pm unless they have official business or the Executive Principal’s permission to collect their children early.
· Parents with permission to be on school premises between 9.00 and 3.15 pm are classified as ‘visitors’. All parents visiting before these times must report to the school office and wear visitor identification.
· Animals are not allowed on the school premises unless by prior arrangement with a member of staff. Dogs (apart from guide dogs) are not to be brought into school when children are being delivered or collected.
· Children should not use bikes, scooters or roller skates in the playground.
Collection from Clubs
· Parents collecting their children from the Extended Day Club should go straight to the Main School Office. Parents collecting their children from sports clubs should go to the Lymington Avenue entrance.
In addition to these guidelines, there are some very simple things that parents/visitors can do to enhance our school security…
· If you are buzzed in through the main gate during the school day or when picking up from the, please be aware of any other person/s trying to access school premises and alert a member of staff if you have concerns.
· When you bring your child to school in the morning, please remember to be on time (school begins at 8.45am) and please leave the school site promptly and before 8:50am, when all gates will be locked.
· Remember that general entry in to the school building after 4.00pm is restricted to staff only.
Thank you in advance for your help in making Noel Park a safe place to be.