Free School Meals Eligibility Checker
From 4th January 2016, parents on benefits must use the Free School Meals Eligibility Checker to see whether or not your child qualifies for free school meals.
Parents of children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 that are on benefits will need to renew Free School Meals application too.
This must be done during the first week at the start of every half term. If you do not do this check within the first week, then your child will no longer be entitled to free school meals and you will either have to provide a healthy packed lunch for your child or pay £11 per week for your child to have school dinners. Your child's dinner bill may also be backdated.
To receive Free School meals, you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits listed below:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-Based Employment Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service)
- Support from a local authority SSAT (Social Services Asylum Team)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and joint income of no more that £16,190
If your child is in years 3-6 and you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit (Please Note: your child will not be entitled to Free School Meals)
After you have done the eligibility check, we will then be informed by this service if your child is entitled to free school meals.
Please click on the link below: