SUBCOMMITTEES OF THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE
The School Committee (Committee) shall appoint members to subcommittees at organizational meeting. These subcommittees may be created for a specific purpose and to make recommendations for Committee action.
1. The subcommittee will be established through action of the Committee.
2. The Committee chair, subject to approval by the Committee, will appoint the subcommittee chair and its members
3. The subcommittee will be provided with a list of its functions and duties
4. The subcommittee may make recommendations for Committee action, but it may not act for the School Committee. The Committee chair and the Superintendent may be ex-officio members of all subcommittees.
5. All subcommittees of the Committee are subject to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law.
LEGAL REF: M.G.L. 30A:18:25
1st Reading & approval: June 13, 2013 (policy subcommittee)
2nd Reading & approval: June 25, 2013 (school committee)