- Ask: Describe a bug that you found in a program. How did you find and fix the bug?
- Activity: Debugging Challenge
- Reflection & Close-Out:
- What bugs did you find today? How did you fix them?
- How did you work together as a team to find the bugs?
debug: find and fix errors (bugs) in programs
decomposition: breaking down a problem into smaller pieces
program: a set of instructions written in a language that a computer understands
sequence: a set of instructions that follow one another in order
- VIDEO: What Are Computer Bugs (0:51)
- Yellow Bee-Bot Command Cards (1 set per Bee-Bot being used) small / large
- Bee-Bot Algorithm Planning sheet created by Owen Peery, Alamo Elementary
- Blue-Bot Instructional Guide
- Bee-Bot Team Roles poster letter / tabloid
- Technology Brain Break: choose a video from this list!
CA CSS: K-2.AP.12 Create programs with sequences of commands and simple loops, to express ideas or address a problem.
CA CSS: K-2.AP.13 Decompose the steps needed to solve a problem into a sequence of instructions.
CA CSS: K-2.AP.14 Develop plans that describe a program's sequence of events, goals, and expected outcomes.
CA CSS: K-2.AP.16 Debug errors in an algorithm or program that includes sequences and simple loops.