- Ask: What are the input and output devices we learned about in the last class?
- Activity: Learning about Computer Sensors
- optional activity: Computer Sensors
- Activity: My Future Computer
- Reflection & Close-Out:
- What are our 5 senses? Do computers have senses too?
- What types of input do computer sensors collect? How might a computer use or output this data?
- What part of the "future computer" you created today are you most proud of?
- Future Computer slidedeck
- Computer Sensors activity / answer key (optional)
- My Future Computer activity
- My Future Computer object images (optional)
- On/Off button printable
- projector, connected to a computer
- various everyday objects (suggestions can be found here)
- scissors, glue or tape, and other art supplies (optional)
computer science: a field in which people use the power of computers to solve big problems
sensor: a device that collects input to help the computer respond to the world around it
CA CSS: K-2.CS.2 Explain the functions of common hardware and software components of computing systems.