- Video: What is an Algorithm? Part 2 [1:34 to the end]
- Play Rosie's Runtime
- Brain Break: Doggie High Five
- Reflection & Close-Out:
- What was one challenge you had when writing an algorithm for Rosie?
- How did you work together with others to write an algorithm for Rosie?
- Did you fix any bugs in your program? How did you fix them?
- 2 sets of Rosie's Runtime materials:
- floor tiles: start, end, 4 mud puddles
- 2 plastic bones
- Twister mats
- 2 sets of Rosie's Runtime Command Cards: small / large
- forward, right, and left cards (8+ each) from the yellow Bee-Bot command cards
- "pick up bone" cards (2 each) and "jump over" cards (4 each) from the green extension cards
- dog ears and tail (optional)
algorithm: steps to complete a task
perseverance: trying again and again, even when something is very hard
program: a set of instructions written in a language that a computer understands
CA CSS: K-2.AP.10 Model daily processes by creating and following algorithms to complete tasks.
CA CSS: K-2.AP.13 Decompose the steps needed to solve a problem into a sequence of instructions.
CA CSS: K-2.AP.16 Debug errors in an algorithm or program that includes sequences and simple loops.