That Could Be a Computer!
- Warm-up: It's a Computer! Introduce inputs and outputs. (15 minutes)
- Main activity: Students choose an item to reimagine as a computer, the problem the computer solves, the input, and the output. They record their thinking on the Design Sheet. (8 minutes)
- Debrief: Showcase. Celebrate earning the Impacts of Computing badge. (7 minutes)
- hardware - the physical parts of a computer
- impacts of computing - understanding the way humans design computers affects culture, social interactions, safety, law, and ethics
- input - ways to enter data into a computer
- output - information produced by a computer
- CA CSS K-2.CS.2 - Explain the functions of common hardware and software components of computing systems.
- CA CSS K-2.IC.18 - Compare how people lived and worked before and after the adoption of new computing technologies.