How Does a Bee-Bot Work?
- Warm-up: Learn Timed Turns protocol. Figure out how Bee-Bot works. (10 minutes)
- Main Activity: Creative group project. (15 minutes)
- Debrief: Group project showcase. Content and/or process debrief. (10 minutes)
- computer - a programmable machine that can receive input; store, retrieve, and process data; and output
- program (v.) - to tell a computer what to do, in a language it can understand
- sequence - events arranged in a specific order, from beginning to end
- Bee-Bot 3-Button Sequence image
- Bee-Bot Job Cards
- Blue-Bot Instructional Guide
- Three-Part Nursery Rhymes (for classroom teacher to review with students prior to Lesson 10)
- Four-Part Nursery Rhymes (for classroom teacher to review with students prior to Lesson 10)
- Six-Part Fairy Tale Sequencing Squares (for classroom teacher to review with students prior to Lesson 11)
- CA CSS K-2. CS. 1 - Select and operate computing devices that perform a variety of tasks accurately and quickly based on user needs and preferences.
- CA CSS K-2. CS. 2 - Explain the functions of common hardware and software components of computing systems.
- CA CSS K-2. CS. 3 - Describe basic hardware and software problems using accurate terminology.
- CA CSS K-2. DA. 7 - Store, copy, search, retrieve, modify, and delete information using a computing device, and define the information stored as data.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 14 - Develop plans that describe a program’s sequence of events, goals, and expected outcomes.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 15 - Give attribution when using the ideas and creations of others while developing programs.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 16 - Debug errors in an algorithm or program that includes sequences and simple loops.