- Warm-up: Pick a favorite person, place, or pet. Brainstorm two or more facts to animate. (10 minutes)
- Main Activity: Students animate one fact per page. They may experiment with advancing the page using red End Blocks. (15 minutes)
- Debrief: Student project showcase and/or gallery walk in Presentation Mode. (10 minutes)
- Tablets: 1-2 per pair of students
- Physical items to photograph and import as sprites (optional)
- blocks - a visual unit of code
- initialize - to set a computer program to a starting position, value, or configuration
- sprite - a virtual object, animal, or person that a programmer controls with code
- CA CSS K-2. DA. 7 - Store, copy, search, retrieve, modify, and delete information using a computing device, and define the information stored as data.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 14 - Develop plans that describe a program’s sequence of events, goals, and expected outcomes.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 15 - Give attribution when using the ideas and creations of others while developing programs.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 16 - Debug errors in an algorithm or program that includes sequences and simple loops.
- CA CSS K-2. AP. 17 - Describe the steps taken and choices made during the iterative process of program development.