In this lesson, students will learn how to add sound as well as speech bubbles to their projects. They will also learn how to add a new page and the wait block to a project, by creating a story about their school day that involves multiple scenes (or pages). This lesson will prepare students for the story project by providing them with the ScratchJr tools they will need to make multi-page stories and make characters communicate. (Full lesson plan coming soon!)
- decompose: break a problem down into smaller pieces
- debugging: finding and fixing errors ("bugs") in programs
- program: an algorithm that has been coded into something that can be run by a machine.
- CSTA 1A-CS-01: Select and operate appropriate software to perform a variety of tasks, and recognize that users have different needs and preferences for the technology they use.
- CSTA 1A-AP-10: Develop programs with sequences and simple loops, to express ideas or address a problem.
- CSTA 1A-AP-11: Decompose the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions.