During Spring of 2017, the Department of Education was awarded 21st Century Community Learning Center (21CCLC) grant to support the Community Schools strategy. Core structures in all Community Schools include a defined community partnership with a community-based organization (CBO), a dedicated Community School Director, shared leadership and accountability and enhanced data tracking to preemptively address challenges like absenteeism. Community Schools provide students with expanded learning opportunities, family engagement supports, and targeted programming through partnerships with community based organizations (CBOs). The 21CCLC grant supports school-CBO partnerships and afterschool and youth development for a targeted number of students in each school. Find a list of Community Schools funded through 21CCLC grants here.
- On the 1st of each month the system will be automatically locked for any attendance data entry until the 15th of the previous month. OCS Program Managers will be responsible for unlocking the system for data entry in the event that the CSD requests additional time to enter data. When unlocked, the system will remain unlocked until the first of the next month.
- Community School Directors, please complete this form to report your afterschool program start and end dates to our office as soon as possible.
- Community School Director and CBO staff with access to student level data, please sign this Confidentiality Agreement as soon as possible.
- You can find translated enrollment forms for the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant funded after-school programs here.
- You can find the full calendar here for possible start / end dates to meet the 30 week requirement.
To start the school year as a Community School funded by the 21CCLC grant, we have the following resources:
- 21CEnrollment and Attendance Guidance
- Attendance and Data Collection Protocol
- 21CCLC enrollment forms
- PO Contract templates
- FY'18 Contract PO Roadmap
- FY'18 Invoice Roadmap
- June 15 Kickoff materials
- Finance and Operations
- FAQs related to budgeting and program start-up
- Youth Services
- All 21st Century-funded Community Schools will be using Youth Services to document enrollment and attendance and the Office of Community Schools (OCS) will access attendance records directly through that system. It is the lead CBO’s responsibility to keep Youth Services up-to-date and accurate and we expect back-up record to be kept on site.
- NYC 21CCLC Resource Center
- Provides technical assistance, program monitoring and professional development to all New York City-based 21st CCLC granteees