- OCS is hiring for the following positions. Please share the job descriptions amongst your networks.
- STH Director of Capacity Building. The STH Director of Capacity Building is the primary implementer of professional development, team building, technical assistance, and compliance training delivered to STH team members, school-based STH Liaisons, and to “role alike” staff in other DOE offices and City agencies supporting homeless students and families.
- Students in Temporary Housing (STH) PATH Associate. The PATH Associate also collaborates with DHS staff at PATH, as well as DOE central and school staff, and works directly with a dedicated STH Regional Manager who provides onboarding, training, technical assistance, and escalation support.
- Program Manager.
- STH Regional Manager. The STH Regional Manager will be an integral part of a borough-based team that coordinates and monitors services provided in shelters and schools, and will ensure consistent adherence to Department of Education (DOE) polices and federal law/regulations regarding Students in Temporary Housing. This includes policy decisions to ensure program compliance with the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and Chancellor’s Regulation A-780.
- STH Director of Regional Support. The STH Director of Regional Support (DRS) will spend roughly two-thirds of their time leading a team of approximately 6-9 Regional Managers. This includes conducting hiring, providing regular one-on-one supervision, leading professional development sessions, and implementing individual and team goals to build Regional Manager capacity.
- STH Senior Director of Policy, Planning and Programs. The STH Senior Director of Policy, Planning and Programs will lead the team’s efforts to identify and implement promising practices emerging from our field-based teams, from other DOE and City agency partners, and from external stakeholders including advocates and researchers.
- School Social Worker. The Bridging the Gap Social Worker (BTG social worker) will be responsible for providing prevention and intervention services in schools with high rates of students affected by homelessness.
For other Department of Education positions, you can search and apply here.