Teaching Mathematics to Slow-Learners
In this course you will have the opportunity to further sharpen your teaching skills and widen your knowledge through learning more about how to teach mathematics to slow-learners in standard classroom context, also you will be able to know more about slow-learners and how to design a suitable learning environment which meets their needs, skills and nature.
You will be able to design diagnostic lesson plans and activities to determine their weaknesses, and also will be able to use several techniques to redirect them through learning process and give appropriate feedback. Also you will have the opportunity to practice your knowledge through various workshops during the course.
Who should attend?
- Mathematics Teachers in service.
- Newly graduated Mathematics teachers.
- Participants from relative academic backgrounds aiming to work as a Mathematics Teachers in English and International schools
- Mathematics teaching assistants.
By the end of this course you will be able to use the latest techniques for teaching mathematics to slow-learners in more effective way.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Get a full understanding of the fundamental concepts related to slow-learners and diagnosis techniques.
- Get the latest pedagogy related to classification of slow-learners and their needs, skills, and nature.
- Acquire the skills needed to develop diagnosis lesson plans and learning activities to teach mathematics to slow-learners.
- Determine and classify students according to their learning styles.
- Practice their knowledge through many workshops.
- What is Mathematics and its Nature.
- Why do we teach Mathematics (objectives & standards).
- Know how the human brain learns mathematics. (theory of learning)
- Common difficulties in Learning Mathematics and academic achievement.
- How to classify your students with respect to their learning styles
- Diagnosis techniques for slow learners
- Examples of activities for slow-learners.
Fees: LE1500 (Get 10% discount for early registration)
Schedule: Friday and Saturday, 16:00 to 22:00 (Total 12 hours)
Class Size: MAX 19 learners
- Attending the course
- Course Material - Electronic
- Coffee breaks with refreshments and snacks
- Certificate of attendance from the Academy Of Knowledge